Product Code: 101971
Nova GALAXI DVR 1624-44
Variable Speed Lathe
FREE SuperNova2 Chuck while stocks last.
We are currently offering to pay the pallet charge for ALL UK postcodes except the islands, the carriage will show in the basket but will be removed when we process while stocks last.
If you live on one of the islands and would like one, or can call in and collect, do call us on 01304366360 or email us and we’ll sharpen our pencil!
Teknatool/Nova will not mind us saying that communicating with them is at times, akin to holding a séance; OK, maybe they will, but either way, they have been making excellent lathes and chucks since the early 80’s and despite a gap in supplies last year when, without our knowledge, our long favourite the DVRxp was discontinued to be replaced by the Galaxi DVR, we are delighted to be continuing with this new thoroughbred.
This new lathe has all the time-tested features of the DVRxp but with an improved control dashboard, a push button stop, better swivel lock, a longer bed and the facility to slide the headstock along the bed.
The control dashboard is particularly good but it is too easy to stand there just exploring what it can do then forget to go turning!
The new controls are intuitive with eight favourite speed settings and ability to go up or down within any of these.
It also has a brake that can be unset for slow wind-down. Self ejecting tail stock with indexed quill and a natty storage box for drive and tail centre.
• Powerful 2 hp, direct drive variable speed motor.
• High Torque Power, instant power when you need it.
• Ultra Smooth Cutting, no belts or pulleys to cause vibration.
• Reversible, variable speed from 100 to 5000 rpm with digital readout.
• 8 pre set speeds for instant access to desired speed.
• Low speed torque (up to 1000 rpm) giving even more control when turning large, out of balance pieces.
• Full 360° swivel head.
• Low maintenance industrial grade electronics.
• Triple bearing system.
• Easy slide and locking tailstock and banjo.
GALAXI DVR Specifications:
Motor 2 hp.
Speeds: 100 to 5000 rpm.
Spindle Thread M33 x 3.5
2 Morse Taper head and tailstock.
Max between centres: 1117mm (44”).
Max diameter over bed: 400mm (16”).
24 position spindle indexing.
Max diameter with Outrigger: 740 mm (29”).
Heavy cast iron bed.
Four-prong drive centre
Revolving tail centre.